Friday, March 28, 2008

4 Hour Update

Moving along, getting work done, son. I've moved away from having hard coded data in my application, and now everything is pulled out of an XML file. This is a huge step because it allows me to move into the realm I'd like to be in, and plus it makes me feel less dirty for hard coding data in the source code... tiskity tisk tisk tisk (sensing that dementia set in?).

Anywho, as each 2 hour block passes, I update and revise my list of tasks. Commonly what happens is that by accomplishing some of the early tasks, you realize you don't need some of the later ones due to various design changes and what not.

I've got one huge milestone I'd like to meet in this next 2 hour block, which is to pull one last piece of hard coded data out of the XML and use it. That will actually be really huge. Aside from adding some nice touches and reworking some things, that is the meat of my top secret application.

Speaking of nice touches, I've got some mad crazy nice ideas about how to do some display effects to really enhance the experience. Uberexcitement. (yeah, it's a word.) Also, I've been a bit worried about conforming to the exact outlines of the contest. I'm not breaking rules or anything, but my idea was not quite on par with what they want, but alas, I've got a solution for that as well.

Break time. This is fun.

No comments: